DISTILLATION 101 COURSE IN TUSCANY (16-20 April 2019)
In partnership with Italian expert-distiller and perfumer, Vincent Gambino of Amaranthus profumeria in Siena.
This 5 days workshop in the beautiful setting of Tuscany is a unique opportunity to discover and participate to several processes of extracting oils in one place! Imagine harvesting your own plants and extracting your own Florentine Iris, one of the most expensive oils for perfumery... This is exactly what you will be doing during this exciting workshop under the guidance of Vincent. During the workshop, a perfume formulation will be created with the oils extracted and distilled.
Dates of course: Tuesday 16th to Saturday 20th April, 2019
Course location: Near Sociville, Siena (Italy)
- Anyone interested in the processes of extraction and distillation of essential oils and absolutes
Through this Distillation 101 course, you will acquire clear understanding of how perfumery materials are extracted. This course is open to any person interested in learning and experimenting with aromatic oils extraction processes including:
- Supercritical solvent extraction
- Aromatic plants and materials co-extraction
- Steam distillation
THIS COURSE IS NON-RESIDENTIAL. PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BOOK THEIR OWN ACCOMMODATION.
The program includes:
- Harvesting mastic (pistacia lentiscus) in the forest
- Supercritical solvent extraction of Florentine iris roots (iris Florentina)
- Co-extraction of frankincense-mastic-fir
- Distillation of bay leaf (laurus nobilis)
- Making a perfume with the aromatic oils extracted
The course fee includes all materials and accessories and refreshments/snacks during the breaks. It does not include accommodation and meals.